Strategic Services define the sector that first starts with individual consultancies on military and political issues and covers critical services on many issues between institutions and countries over time.
Strategic Services define the sector that first starts with individual consultancies on military and political issues and covers critical services on many issues between institutions and countries over time. While it was a sector that served governments in the 19th century, started to be offered to the private sector in the 20th century with the need for professionalism as a result of the new developments in many fields such as finance, trade, education, and management, thus the global importance of such services keeps increasing rapidly.
Strategic Services is a concept that exists since the age when the humankind has started to develop an order. The early examples of this field were observed mostly in the military consultancy and policy consultancy services as it was provided individually. Throughout the history, these Strategic Services was continued to be offered between institutions and countries as well as among the individuals in different fields.
The content of Strategic Services began to develop in the 16th century, as the dam construction, engineering and contracting services which were considered as the advanced technology of the period, was provided by China to its’ neighboring countries. The East India Company which was established at the beginning of the 17th century, through its services on transportation, which is one of the critical sectors for every country and business; it has become a part of the private sector through privatizing this sector, which was previously run and managed through governments and businessmen, as well as provided ground towards forming the foundations of today’s cargo and transportation market. As time goes on, the concept of Strategic Services continued to expand and develop through the emergence of new commercial, military, financial, social concepts.
Strategic Services which was defined firstly as a sector which provides services to the public via private entrepreneurship companies, started to expand its field of activity in line with the changing dynamics of the world in 19th century. In the 20th century, these services began to be rendered to the private sector as a result of new formations that emerge in many fields such as finance, international trade, management etc. It was clear that these professional services were needed by the public and private sectors after the Great Depression and has increased importance of this sector globally. The globalization of the sector has extended the historical definition of the Strategic Services through the emergence of new order and technological developments.
Currently, the strategic consultancy has become a sector which affects the strategies and policies of both public and private institutions, and it also affects the development of economy and humankind. Today, volume of service exports exceeded volume of product exports in a few developed countries. Even though there are many reasons for this situation, one of the most effective reasons is the rapid development of technology. Upon the rapid development in technology, many disciplines such as economic, industrial, administrative etc. are changing accordingly, the private sector institutions and especially public institutions have difficulty in adapting to this change and the demand for strategic services increases rapidly.
BRAINS² TÜRKİYE Strategic Services Program will analyze which Strategic Services fields would provide highest potential for future growth and which benefits can be gained from this growth by the Turkish Strategic Services sector, through considering Turkey’s available strength and potential both in academic and industrial sectors.
To Develop Social Awareness towards Strategic Services
- To increase the awareness of youth about the professions of future and to forward them towards these professions
- To increase awareness about strategic services
- To develop forecasting approaches for sub-branches of such professions
Planning the Workforces and Professions of Future
- To determine the workforce and professions that will meet the current and future needs of the sectors determined upon the studies carried out within this program.
- Detailed assessment of the workforce and professions of future towards finding out the skills required for these professions
- To determine the professions for strategic services and to plan alternative education and employment fields for the people who want to be qualified for this profession
- To develop the occupational skills of the people who will develop and support “strategic services” which will be needed by the labor market in the near future.
Focusing on the Use of Strategic Services in Defense and Security Fields
- To establish a center where institutions and individuals from all over the country can apply for the implementation of education and information activities towards “strategic services”
- As the center to be established will have a crucial importance for achieving the development in a better way, it shall be established as an institute where orienting and sector based trainings can be provided.
- To provide R&D funds and facilities for primary topics determined for researchers in this center which will be supported by the government or authorities.
Focusing on Usage of Strategic Services in Education
- To lead the establishment of a strategic services -focused “data collection policy” for the stakeholders in education
- To contribute the development of products/services which will support the teachers at preparation, process and evaluation of strategic services-themed content during the teaching activities.
- To collect data about the individual learning for personalization of education on every aspect of the development of strategic services
- To focus on the export of education, to determined the areas in which Turkey has strength in the education sector, to determine in which regions our country can be competitive in the global market and to create of data banks through analyzing potential contacts
- To ensure all educational institutions in Turkey to cooperate in order to give more accurate decisions through accessing more robust and reliable sources for analysis and information instead of performing their researches individually with high costs and lack of quality
To Arrange Trainings to Train Experts in Strategic Services
- To determination and develop the required trainings for the sectors which will be determined in accordance with the program studies
- To create awareness among the researchers in universities about strategic services field
- To perform studies towards establishment of supporting elements for Strategic Services
- To perform studies towards training assistant and intermediate personnel required for the development of services and applications which will be used by the specialists in the sub-fields of strategic services.
- To contribute to the curriculum studies towards the use of the content based supportive fields and contents on Strategic Services in universities including the relevant applications in the related departments, especially at the undergraduate level
- To provide trainings for researchers from different disciplines (politics, science, technology, sociology, culture, history etc.) to ensure them to use Strategic Services and outcomes in their researches.
- To arrange informative studies on Strategic Services’ application areas
- To provide informative studies for entrepreneurs about the applications of Strategic Services
Sectorial Review and Classification of Global Strategic Services Market
- To divide the global Strategic Services market into sectors, and to determine potential the sector through analyzing the related global markets and stakeholders
- To analyze and classify the sub-sectors and branches in the strategic services market primarily regarding the R&D, education, application, software, hardware, production, service etc. sectors
The competition has become even more challenging in today’s world due to rapid increase in production. Many manufacturers face serious difficulties to access their customers. Today, marketing has gone far beyond the promotion and advertising activities performed for the products. The primary objective of all businesses and organizations is to be an actor in the national and global markets or to promote itself. This field show a rapid growth in recent years as a service sector. All businesses that provide services to global markets or want to enter the global market; have more tendency to receive services regarding new approaches such as brand, pricing policy, customer, data and market analysis, return on marketing investments, management of customer life cycle, from the companies which provide professional service.
Education has always been one of the most important areas throughout human history and its’ importance continues to increase even today. In fact, education has also become an industry and started to provide significant amount of income for many countries.
Management of Economic Development, Management of Human Development, Policy Management, Governance
The demand of the services which are provided by the management consultancy companies increases rapidly as both the public and private sector required consultancy for “non-governmental” institutions and entrepreneurs which aim to achieve effective and sustainable growth of the societies to which they provide services through benefiting from the power of markets and commercial business models related to economic development, human development, policy management and similar studies.
Digital Transformation (Private and Public)
The usage of technology increases in critical operations which aim to reduce costs and improve service quality, in line with the increasing role of technology in our daily life. The companies, private & official institutions will be in an infinite cycle of digital transformation as the technology improves. The need for specialized organizations which are able to provide professional services in this field, is rapidly increasing as all the developed new technologies are used and applied in this field very quickly as a result of the competition.
Military consultancy is a strategic service sector since ancient times. Today, the demand for private consultancy firms that can meet the demand arising from the conflicts between disciplines and the adaptation of new doctrines is growing rapidly in today’s world in accordance with the rapid development of technology.
Mergers and Acquisitions,
As a result of the globalization effect, many businesses aim to become an actor in the global market and to enter the markets through acquisitions or mergers with other companies in different countries in order to increase their competitiveness. This sector has rapidly developed since the beginning of 2000s and today there are many institutions which provide services in this field. As it has a very critical importance to perform the right analysis and the right acquisitions or mergers for the success of the strategy, the number of companies is increasing which provide services regarding research and analysis in this field. These companies deepen and develop their operations through specializing on the sectors that they deal with.
Advanced Engineering Consultancy
It covers the Production, Technology, Application and Construction applications in Space, Nuclear, etc. fields
The concept of money improves itself in line with the developments in our world. It was transformed into paper money and digital money over time while it was used to be gold. During this transformation phase, the financial sector revises itself sharply and creates new and complex financial structures. It hard to follow these complex structures even for the people in this sector; and it directly affects trade, economic development and many parameters. Funding is the biggest problem for many improvements and developments. The demand for companies that follow the newly developed systems in the finance sector and which have an expertise and interaction network to perform required operations in such complex systems, is increasing both in the public and private sector. Even public authorities receive such services from private consultancy companies in order find fund sources in this complex structure. As long as the trade exists, this sector will continue to develop in line with the technological developments through adding new systems to existing complex system. The volume of the service procurement demand will continue to increase accordingly.
Analysis of Turkish Companies that will Lead the Sector and Product Matching
- To determine in which sectors of this market Turkey would be a significant actor
- To determine the leading institutions of these sectors
- To determine the competent universities and institutions regarding R&D studies towards these sectors
- To determine the required certificates and processes for the sector
- To determine which services can be rendered by these institutions
- To match the services and leading companies which are determined for these sectors
Informative Studies for Adaptation of the Strategic Services in the Social and Political Life
T +90 (212) 635 61 51
F +90 (212) 532 58 82
Eski Ali Paşa Cd, No:20, Fatih, İstanbul
Let's Work Together
Your sponsorship/cooperation support to BRAINS² TÜRKİYE will confirm common vision, mission and expectations of both your corporation and our country, and will be highly appreciated.